Monday, 22 July 2013

Friend Makin’ Mondays: Let’s Talk About TV

Sorry I've been away for a bit. I'm back with another Friend Makin Monday from the wonderful Kenlie at www.alltheweigh.com




Let’s Talk About TV

1. Share your current “Must-See” TV shows. 

I've started watching 'The Walking Dead' (Series 3) which has been enjoyable so far. I am not watching much else because England are playing Australia in The Ashes so cricket has been on my TV most of the time.



2. Do you prefer reality shows or sitcoms? 

I think the standard of TV shows have declined a lot in the last decade or so. There is so much rubbish on these days. I prefer watching live Sport and interesting documentaries. 

3. Who is your favorite talk show host? 

There aren't too many good ones out there at the moment but I do enjoy watching Graham Norton because I love his flamboyant, camp persona when interviewing celebrities. I also find his laugh very infectious.



4. Which network(s) do you turn to for news?

BBC News. They are amazing with their news coverage from all around the world. 

5. Do you have Tivo or DVR? If so, which programs do you have set to record? 

I have TiVo on Virgin Media. At the moment my series links are set up to record the following shows 'Would I Lie To You', 'The Walking Dead', 'Match of the Day', 'Eastenders', 'Take Me Out', 'Family Guy'.

6. Have you ever started watching a show simply because you heard so much about it on social media? If so, which one did you watch? 

Usually social media puts me off watching shows just because there are too many spoilers on there. I wait a year or so and then watch them when everyone else has finished talking about it. 

7. List any TV series that you own on DVD. 

Only Fools and Horses. I grew up watching this and I can never get bored of it. Every episode is SO funny. British comedy at it's very best. 

8. Do you have a subscription to Netflix, Hulu, etc? If so, what kind of device do you use to stream it? 

I have Netflix but I don't have a subscription. My friend gave me his password to the British Netflix, which is rubbish! I then changed a few things in my internet settings and now I can watch US Netflix, which has a lot more choice. If it wasn't free for me, I doubt I would subscribe. There is a lot of crap on there. I have US Netflix on my iPad but UK Netflix on my PS3.

9. If you could star in a TV show that already exists, which one would you choose?

I would like to be on the TV show 'Who do you think you are?" just because it would be really interesting to find out more about my family history. 

10. If you could bring back one TV show that is no longer on the air, which one would you choose? 

OZ - The HBO Prison TV show. It's one of my favourite ever TV series and was excellent from start to finish. I can't even think of a single bad episode, which is rare because usually every TV series has a lot of "filler" episodes. I was genuinely sad when the final episode was shown. The TV show was brilliant. Simply Brilliant.




Thanks for reading and being patient with me.

I'll reveal everything I've done in the last few months in a few days time. Lots to tell you about! :)

6 comments:

  1. I love Family Guy! For some reason I just can't seem to get enough of it. Walking Dead... Hmmm not so much. It's great to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen Bad Lip Reading - Walking (and Talking) Dead? If not... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR4lLJu_-wE It's hilarious. Btw, yay for The Graham Norton Show! They air that here and I love him! I always feel bad for the people in the red chair though. Even if their stories are dumb sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wondering if you chose THAT video for a speacial reason :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is 1% of the 10% difference. Haven't seen any of the shows you mention in this post! Maybe I need to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Information, This is such a fabulous blogathon! MeTV has the best programming and everyone contributing here, Good Job bro..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Information, This is such a fabulous blogathon! MeTV has the best programming and everyone contributing here, Good Job bro..

    http://ledtv.bestbabyneeds.us/healthcare-tv-22in-thin-led-mpeg2/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. If you are new to my blog, please say hi and leave your blog address if you have one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...