Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Lots of updates!

Really sorry about the delay with my posts. I've decided to do a post to show what's been going on these last few months. 


15 Million Steps 

It seems like it's been 15 million days since I last updated you all on my challenge.

Guess what?

14 Million Steps!!


14,271,199 steps to be exact (as of 13th August).

Which means less than 0.8 million steps to go! CRAZY! I remember the day I started. This is insane.

As usual, let's see how far across the world 14.2 million steps has got me.


I've got to Malaysia!!


Steps Taken So Far: 14,271,199 Steps

Distance covered so far: 6,530 miles (10,509 kilometres)

Equivalent distance in marathons: 249.2 Marathons

How Many Steps Left: 728,801 steps

Approx Distance on map: Southampton, UK to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Huge thanks to Kerina for counting up my steps for me. I really appreciate it! She went out of her way to count all my steps when I hadn't done it for a while. Thank you!!! 


Fitbit & MyFitnessPal

I have a Fitbit Flex. I love it! It's fantastic because it really helps motivate me each day to hit my goals I've set for myself. You can set step goals, check out your sleeping stats, set calorie and food goals and a lot more. I think it looks pretty stylish too.



 I also signed up to a MyFitnessPal account. It really helps with counting calories, which is something I've never done before, so I'm looking forward to see how I do. I'm not going to be strict with my counting but it will give me a rough guide as to what I'm eating. Add me if you want! www.myfitnesspal.com/timmoyoung

 Do you have a Fitbit or MyFitnessPal account? 


Learn at work week 

We had a week of learning at work. I took part in two events. The British Military Fitness and also the Weight Loss Hypnotherapy session. The British Military Fitness was great! We had a lot of fun but it was SO hard. We did a lot of running, team building games, push ups, squats, crunches...everything!! I survived and I'd love to do it again. The hypnotherapy was interesting but I fell asleep during the actual hypnotherapy and didn't think it worked. Although it's strange that I suddenly bark like a dog whenever somebody clicks their fingers.





My Gym has finally opened!




I joined Easy Gym at the start of this year but due to numerous delays for months the gym has finally opened today! I haven't been there yet because of injuries and various reasons but I do plan on going there soon. It looks fantastic and SO big too.



Injury


video


I am injured! I was playing football and I suddenly felt a sharp pain in the back of my calf, as if someone had kicked me, and then I heard a loud 'pop' noise. I was in agony! I went to A&E at the hospital and they told me not to consider playing sport for 6-8 weeks until my calf heals. It's been over a month since my injury and I'm still in pain! The video is me trying to walk. Ouchy!

Not sure if you can see in this picture but my calf looks like it's in two halves under my skin and also my foot/leg is quite bruised still. Sad times!




Volleyball

I signed up to play volleyball! I wanted our team to be called 'Kiss My Ace' but the captain decided on 'Wing Commanders'. Boring!!! We're not great but we enjoy the challenge and despite being a novice, I won my first and only 'Player of the Match' award. Go me! Unfortunately injury has ruled me out for the season :(





Athletics


For my Mum's birthday we went to see the Anniversary games at the Olympic Stadium to celebrate the London 2012 Olympics 1 year anniversary. It was great and she had a great time. We got to see all the legends of present day Athletics including the fastest man in the world Usain Bolt as well as British legend Mo Farah. It was brilliant to see them perform live. The speed of these guys is unreal!






The Tea


As you all know, I'm a Brit which means I like a nice pot of tea. Well I got a special delivery a few weeks back. My friend, Kerstin, sent me some Cola Tea! Would you try this??? Believe it or not, it's actually quite tasty :)




Once again, sorry for the lack of posting and thanks for being patient.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Tim is back, delighted to see you in my news feed again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!

    I had something similar happen to me a couple years ago - I was doing a practice for an event with my daughter's dance studio and I took off running. I felt the pop and thought someone had kicked me, and I could hardly walk after that. I had a soft-tissue ultrasound & was told I'd ruptured a tendon. I was gimpy for a couple weeks and the bruising was colorful!

    I'd try the Cola Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good hearing from you my friend, that's a crazy amount of steps. sendin healin your way hope you're back to 100% SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Tim! How I missed thee. :-) It's good to see you back. Congrats on hitting 4 million steps and sorry about your injury, hope it heals soon.

    The gym is pretty huge. I've never seen so many machines in one place.

    I envy your Fitbit. I use a garmin to check my calories and heart rate when working out. I added you on Myfitnesspal so we will see each other there.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was it destiny, that you chose my birthday for this post?! Glad you like the tea. I have a package that even moved with me, but I still did not dare to try it. Maybe I should :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. If you are new to my blog, please say hi and leave your blog address if you have one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...