Tuesday, 19 November 2013

X Miles To Xmas – Story So Far…

It’s been 1 month since the X Miles to Xmas team started the challenge to get as many miles as possible in the 9 weeks leading up to Christmas Day. I am delighted to say we are not even half way through the journey yet we have already achieved 3000 miles!

Have a think about just how far that is.

Not sure?

Well I can tell you…

As a group we have covered the distance from the West Coast to the East Coast of the United States of America.

It’s actually a lot further than that but assuming we were using their roads to walk, run or cycle then that’s how far we would have got.


Also the circumference of the Earth is 25,000 miles, so we have covered about 1/8th of the way around the world!


Now have a think about just how far we have achieved as a team and be proud. Think how far we can go to. 


I also think it’s important to think about you during this challenge. How do you feel you have done? Are you proud of your contribution? Maybe you feel you could do more or you've exceeded your expectations. I'd like to know what you think.

Everyday I receive peoples’ daily stats and more than not people add enough information which tells me how they feel they've done for that day. The majority of times I can see that people are pleased by their efforts but occasionally I sense their disappointment.

I think we have all done amazing and you should be very proud of yourself. It doesn't matter whether you've achieved 1 mile or 100 miles. The distance covered is actually irrelevant. There is no target to reach; there are no rewards once this challenge is over. Yet we continue to contribute every day. The important thing is that you give the best you can at that moment in time and you look back at the end of this challenge and feel good about yourselves and you can say it was worth every mile.

Enough of me babbling. Who wants to join me and continue to increase our miles total? I’m going out for a walk...

2 comments:

  1. It's a great idea Tim! You guys are doing a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you and your team members. Great ides. Keep it up and soon you all will have walked around the world!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. If you are new to my blog, please say hi and leave your blog address if you have one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...